It's SNOWING!!!!
Yes, for the first time this entire winter, we need to break out the shovels and the plows are running! No chance of having a snow day since there isn't school tomorrow anyway. And I'm sure the roads will be cleaned up enough for Scott and Wendy to go to work, so the kids are coming. Up bright and early!!!
What a lazy weekend. I stayed up way too late and slept in even later. I crawled into bed for most of Saturday and read a good book. I designed a paper pack I'm really excited about. I got the house cleaned up and there is only one pan soaking in the sink from supper yesterday (it was ham...very baked on, and I've been too lazy to scrub) We braved the elements tonight to get to the grocery store...which was packed when we got there and totally deserted by the time we left...very weird. Cameron was home all weekend and he didn't bug the heck out of me, which was good.
So, the designing thing...interesting how the mindset changes after you change from scrapper to designer. You look at things differently, it becomes more about the business than about the art of it. Which is too bad...I'm going to try and still design for the love of creating, but when you put yourself out there, you really want it to sell! And when it doesn't, you start to doubt yourself and start thinking about what you could change, which is dumb. I'm sure things will pick up as my name gets out there and I invest in more advertising. I'll just keep designing good quality stuff that I love and hopefully others will too. Because first and foremost I'm a scrapper, I love creating layouts and will only create designs that I would use myself!
Totally random thought of the day. I think I have a Charlotte's Web complex. I am deathly afraid of spiders. The phobia gets worse and worse every year. I become paralyzed in situations where I'm confronted with the hairy baby tarantula's we have living in the garage (ok...they're wolf spiders, but they are the size of volkswagon bugs) In fact I am shuddering right now just thinking about it! But every once and a while, a spider makes its way into my daily life and somehow lives. Somehow these special spiders don't freak me out. I don't know why. They are usually in the bathroom, they are usually small, and they always know their place. They stay in the same place day after day, and they never move fast enough to send me screaming into the other room. I had one little friend a few years ago (and I use the term friend very loosely here) who lived underneath the bathroom mirror. I even placed a note on the mirror telling everyone not to kill the spider. This summer there was another little guy (now I'm inclined to think it was a female) that lived on top of the bathtub faucet. Whenever I needed to turn on the water it very politely ran into the small crack between the faucet and the tile. After the water was running for awhile he'd come back out and sit on top of the faucet (hopefully not watching me bathe...ewww). He lived there for a month or so and then disappeared. Then this morning (ok, it was the middle of the afternoon) I went to take a bath and there was smaller version of my summer spider. Without thinking I said (aloud mind you) "Oh Hello!"....I sounded just like Wilber when Charlotte's babies hatched out of their egg sack. I totally cracked myself up!
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amy, your designs are amazing! I understand the need to sell, but I hope you never design something you don't like, just for the sake of designing, if that makes sense! And the spider thing? You're kinder than I am! They'd be smooshed in my house, whether they were polite or not! Congrats on the snow!
Do not get discouraged about your designs Amy - they are great! Glad you got snow - we did hear in MI too finally! Kind of nice to see!
Amy you have awesome designs - I was always a fan of yours when you were on the creative team at RAKscraps.
LOL about talking to the spider!
Post a Comment