Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl... what's that?

I spent the day doing basically nothing, until Cameron and I braved the crowds at Walmart to get some goodies and a few b-day presents for Kirby. Came home and have been busy cooking and cleaning ever since. Now Kyra and I are at our dueling computers totally ignoring the noise coming from upstairs. The boys are obnoxious with Superbowl madness. Crazy!

Remember when I said I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies? What about 2 weeks ago? I finally made them (well, attempted) this afternoon. First, let me preface by saying that I make awesome chocolate chip cookies. Seriously....they are wonderful. But something went wrong today....really wrong. I may have forgotten some of the flower, or it may have been the rice milk instead of the soy milk...I don't know. All I know is that I have 2 dozen cookie toffees sitting upstairs on my kitchen table. That was Kyra's term for them. They are just plain weird...flat, overly brown, and extra extra crispy while the middles are still undercooked. WEIRD.

I had better luck with my pepperoni twisters. I saw the idea on Rachel Ray Friday. Easy peasy...a can of refrigerator pizza dough, pepperoni's spread out on half...shredded mozzarella on top of that...fold the dough over, seal up the edges and use a pizza cutter to cut into 8 strips. Give them a good twist as you move them onto the baking pan and bake until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce...yummm.

Ooh, I totally forgot! The new designer at the Lilypad is Kate Hadfield!!! I absolutely love her to pieces. She's an amazing scrapper and her designs are so cute and unique. I convinced her that I had to be on her CT!! Here's my first Kate layout...but look at all those Lilypad goodies!

Thanks for the kind comments about Kyler. He's doing much better. Yeah, he probably could have used a stitch or two in his lip...it's really ugly, but mouths heal pretty fast. His jaw hasn't been bothering him at all today, so that's good.

Well, Monday again tomorrow. Let's see what Will will try and get into tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to give us a tutorial on how you did that cool thing with your ribbon on this LO! It's amazing!