Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well, I have something to blog about, but I really wish it wasn't this dramatic!

My boys didn't come home from school at their normal time. I started to freak out and called my brother who asked the girls if they had seen the boys after school. Nope, they hadn't. I was just about out the door to head over and see if I could find them when I get a phone call from the school. It's the school secretary who says "I have the boys here in the office"...well my first thought is that they got in trouble. Which is weird because they are the BEST behaved kids at school. Then she says "Kyler had a bit of a fall". She says his nose is bleeding pretty bad and I'll have to wash his coat. Then she says his lip is cut and will need ice when he gets home because it looks pretty sore. She said some kids said he was pushed and some said he just fell. Ok...so she sends them home and I watch them come across the street, Kyler with a wet paper towel attatched to his lip. They walk in the door and I start noticing little things...his coat is TRASHED....it looks like a crime scene, just covered in blood. Kirby starts telling me what happened and I start getting a bit light headed. Some kindergartner pushed him and his mouth/face hit the metal rain gutter and then the ice....ouch. Kirby is describing all the blood that Ky lost...like puking it out of his mouth, and I start feeling even more lightheaded. Then I notice the blood all over his neck and jaw...seriously, so much blood! His lip looks nasty, might have needed stitches, but I'm keeping an eye on it. What worries me a bit is that he says his jaw hurts the worst. Right where it connects to the ear. Poor baby, I bet he'll be really hurting tomorrow!

Other than that bit of excitement we are getting ready for a nasty cold spell. We're talking 20-40 below windchill for the next four to five days. I went to the store along with all the other people in town. It took me 10 minutes to find a place to park! But I think I'm all set food wise...there will probably be something else we run out of this weekend, but I don't plan on stepping foot outside the house!

Layout time! Please...could my nephew be any cuter if he tried? Seriously...he could be the gerber baby.

And last, but definitely not least...The Lilypad is debuting a brand new designer tomorrow! I'm so excited, she's such a great person and her designs are FAB!! You will all want to check it out!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh poor Kyler - sounds horrible. I hope he recuperates today!

Great LO!

Anonymous said...

Gracious! What a frightful sight your son must have been after his encounter with the rain gutter and the ice. I hope he's okay.

I love that layout of your nephew! The cicles and buttons really caught my eye! He could be the Gerber baby, you're right!

Have a nice weekend, and try to stay warm!