Friday, June 30, 2006

My cable internet has been very temperamental this week. Very frustrating, but I've been forced to scrap more since it's the only thing I can do on the computer. So quick, before I lose my connection, I thought I'd share my layouts from this week.

The first is my grandma holding baby Will (I wonder how old he'll be before we stop calling him that?) Blushing Baby kit by Sandra Boddington at The Sweet Shoppe. The second is of my Grandpa holding baby Will. I love this picture of him whistling. It reminded me of how much they influenced my love of music. Most of this is from Meredith Fenwick. You can see the credits here.Third layout this week. I played around with this picture of Lexxy. Got a great soft pale effect and thought it would work nice with Miss Mint's Citrus Sorbet kit. This is also my first successful attempt at text on a path. I'm so excited about using this feature!!
And finally, I love this picture of Ky. I had planned out the layout, but was stumped about what to journal. Got out my writing/inspiration/thoughts journal and found the perfect thing. His silly nickname given by Kyra! I love the colors of this kit by Sandra Boddington. And how cool is that font I used for the title? It's called Never Writes Back, and each letter is a cool funky doodled font.

Today is the day the boys finally get haircuts. I HAVE to take before and afters. They are getting so shaggy looking. I don't mind the long hair, I think it's cute. But when it gets to the point it looks like they are neglected homeless children, it needs to be cut.

Okay, birthday season is almost here...5 birthdays in 9 days. I haven't bought a single gift or planned a single party. I am such a bad Mom/Stepmom/Aunt/Daughter In Law!!! I do this every year. I think I get so overwhelmed by it all, that I can't focus on any one event. It doesn't help that I really wanted to do something fun for Kyra's 13th birthday on Sunday, but she can't think of anything she wants to do. Kyler will be better next Sunday...he wants to go bowling for his birthday. Of course Cameron will probably be working for most of the birthdays, so I'm on my own.

Alrighty, I slept in, checked the computer and it was working...so I've wasted a good chunk of the morning. Time to get the day started. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your layouts are amazing Amy.It is great seeing the members of your family.

Anonymous said...

Amy - your layouts are just wonderful! I hope to learn to do digital at the convention at the end of July - although mine won't begin to compare to yours. You are very talented girlie.

Joyce