Saturday, June 17, 2006


What a rainy day! The grass and the plants needed it, but I was really hoping to get outside and weed this weekend. I noticed yesterday I had some tiger lilies blooming. Didn't even know I had planted one. I think I need to get out there more often.

I'm almost done washing all the clothes, then I can move on to bedding. The laminate floors need a good swiffer and a wipe down, especially in the kitchen. I love having an extra day on the weekends, I finally feel like I can get stuff accomplished.

Here's a layout I finished today. One of those that took almost 24 hours to complete, and then you look at it and wonder why it took so long? I used CS and love it! I'm still adjusting to some of the changes, but I can tell it will open up a world of new techniques.

Credits: Michelle Coleman's Chelsey's dreams kit, Sandra Boddington's messy stitches, Atomic Cupcake torn edge and foam stamp actions, fonts-SBC stone inscription, Pea Martha, Sandals.

Since I totally feel like I'm talking to myself...I'll ask a question. Anyone have a recipe or idea for cheap, dairy free, summer supper recipes? No cheese or milk, preferably not using the oven. I'm just burned out on our regular meals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like seafood? How about a linquini and shrimp scampi? Or a pasta mixed with a pesto or herb sauce and add some stir-fry veggies? You could cook some diced chicken in a frying pan to add to it too.

sussann said...

No help on the recipes, sorry, I'm burned out on everything right now. But LOVE the layout!!!