I'm so sad.
Our 13 year old cat had to be put to sleep tonight. She'd been having trouble jumping on things for the past few days and just today I thought maybe she hadn't been up the stairs to get her food and water for a while. She'd also lost some weight in the last month. Well, she started struggling to breathe this afternoon and I knew it wasn't good. I thought I could be brave and take her to the vet myself, but I just couldn't. I finally asked Cameron if he would do it since he had less of an emotional connection. I'm so glad he was here to do that!! Kyra went with to hold her in the car, but she didn't want to go in. I'm really sad, but I'm glad that she didn't have to struggle and be in pain or scared.
Here's a layout I did last year of her. She was a beautiful cat.

7 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry. We had to put ours to sleep last year and we still miss her a lot. Hugs to you - and I am tearing as I type this. Hugs to you and your family ...
ohmy. i still remember the day i had my 14 y.o. cat put to sleep - i grew up with him.
i'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry for your loss. My best friend recently lost her beloved cat- they truly are a member of the family.
-Michelle-mismom
I'm so sorry for your loss sweety. When I lost my cat to kidney failure I was heart broken.
Thinking of you x
Selena x
designsbyselena.blogspot.com
It never fun to loose a pet that you loved! Thinking of you...
So sorry Amy - the loss of an animal is so tough - they always have such neat little characteristics. Great LO of her - good thing you scrapped her for you and kids to always remember!
Oh Im so sorry to hear about your cat...I know how you feel...I had to put my persian cat of only 3 years to sleep last year...he had cancer and it was like we have lost a child...I still cant look at his pictures because I would be in tears...we miss him so much...big hugs to you
Silvia
Post a Comment