Friday, August 31, 2007

This week has been exhausting.

And for no reason! I think I'm just feeling "off". I'm slowly getting used to school routines and earlier bedtimes. I had lots to blog about, but didn't have the energy to put together an entry. I'm getting so lazy!

Last Thursday evening we had a visitor to our house. This sweet little black kitten was stuck in the window well of our house. We went out and rescued him and brought him into the house. He was such a sweetie! Every time we put him down on the floor to explore he would go over to someone and jump into their lap, curl up and start to purr. If it wasn't for the allergies and the fact that Cameron and I are so excited to put new carpet in our newly cat less basement, I think we would have kept him. In fact in a moment of weakness we told the animal control lady to put our name on the list to adopt him. But after more consideration we decided against it. I'll admit the timing was unusual. We had just lost Chloe the week before. Even Cameron wondered if someone was trying to tell us something! Here's a layout about it:



The kids have a four day weekend starting today. I had to watch all the kids for a while today, made for a busy morning. Will was in a tired cranky mood which made it fun. We are going to the state fair tomorrow with my brothers family. Both Scott and I were reminiscing about going to the fair every year where grandpa lived. I remember the animals and the paddle fish they would pull out of the Missouri river and place in this big holding tank. I haven't been to the fair in probably 10 years, so this will be fun (I hope!). My family isn't big on the rides, but I still think we can make a day of it.

We got a new van yesterday!! My old minivan was in rotten shape. I couldn't even get out of the driveway! It wouldn't want to go in gear...so I'd rev it up until it went backwards, then rev it up until it went forwards...repeat several times until I felt comfortable enough to go out into the semi-busy street. In fact the last three times I tried to reverse out of the driveway it sounded like I ran over a bicycle! It was awful! So we got a Honda Odyssey. It's a few years old and the drop down DVD player doesn't work, but oh well...I can get out of the driveway!! Yippee!!

I had new releases in the store last week, and didn't even post about it. So sorry!!! Two new paper packs...fun stuff!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Angela said...

How sweet is that layout of the kitty! It's hard to say no to those eyes!

La Osita Boricua said...

Awwww. Do you miss the little kitty? He looks like a sweetheart. Well atleast you were all there to comfort him when he was scared and lonely. Im sure he was happy to see you when you rescued him and Im sure he will remember you always.

Joanne Busler said...

Love those barely there overlays. I have been looking at them for a few weeks.