I spent three hours this morning with Kirby in the allergist office. He had a bunch of skin tests done. 32 small skin tests and 2 needle (under the skin) tests. He is very allergic to dust mites. To tell you the truth, I was surprised it was as reactive as it was. We've always been concerned with the food and pet allergies and here under our noses was the biggest culprit of all! His milk allergy still showed up and his dog and cat allergies (the ones they did under the skin) reacted really badly.
After that we went home to make the kids lunch (I still have 6 to feed until Monday and then it's down to 1!!) and spent the next three hours watching kids. After my brother picked up the kids, Kirby said "Mom, can we go do the blood test now". This is a huge shock!! For the past 3 years he has avoided the blood draw like it was the torture chamber! He had a very bad experience when he was two and I don't think he ever recovered from it. So, we headed off for an afternoon of running errands. First the blood draw....he did SOOOOOO well! I'm so proud of him, that was a big hurdle he crossed and next time I don't think he'll be as afraid. Then we had to drop some school forms off at the allergists (yes, I should have brought them in the morning, oops). Then I went to the eye dr. to have them fix my glasses that Will destroyed. Finally we went to the mall to get Kirby a webkin for being so brave.
I had two and a half hours to think about supper before Kyra had to be at school so I ordered pizza. Why not? While Kyra was at school, the boys and I picked up last minute school supplies at Shopko and Kmart. And now the day is basically over! I feel like I haven't sat down at all today!
I'm going to put up my new stuff in the store later tonight. Wanna see? Both the paper and the elements will be on sale 20% off Friday and Saturday.


And if I get them finished I also have something else in wild and crazy colors!
1 comment:
Cool colors and elements and grunge and...well..you know I like your style!
Post a Comment