Today was the first.
Day of school that is! And the first day since I've had school age kids that it has rained on the first day of school. We all got SOAKED running across the street! So there were no traditional first day of school photos taken outside the front door. No photos of them waiting in line on the playground. Bummer! Everyone had a good first day except for Kirby who had a run in with another fourth grade teacher at lunch. Kirby is not a trouble maker and was in tears telling me about it. Poor thing! What teacher takes away recess for talking during lunch on the FIRST day of school? I hope he has a better day tomorrow!Kyra had an eye Dr. appt after school. We're going to try contacts for the first time. She has astigmatism so she needs her contacts custom made and they still might not work, but we have an amazing eye dr. who really works with us to make sure everything is perfect before we spend a dime! So nice!
Then we went to the middle school for her PST. It's basically a get to know the teachers, curriculum, etc. It's great for the parents to have faces for all those names! Kyra's Social Studies teacher was my teacher for chorus and director of our small singing/dancing group 20 years ago. She hasn't aged at all really and she remembered my name! I was SHOCKED!
Well, I had better start scrapping so I have some pretty things for you to look at. Scrapping...ahhh, I remember the days when I scrapped a page a day! LOL!
Off to bed! These first few days back into a routine are exhausting for everyone...including mom!
2 comments:
What a terrible teacher... is it a rule that they can't talk during lunch? That's just insane to take away recess on the first day of school! Hopefully things go better!
Wow...I can't believe he lost recess on the FIRST day...that's crazy!! :( Hopefully things have started looking up for him!!
Today was out first day here in Las Vegas and it was POURING here too. :( No pics for us either...but I'll try and get some this afternoon...or we'll fake it and take some later this week. LOL
Post a Comment