Friday, August 17, 2007

Well, today felt weird.

It was my last day with all 6 kids and as much as I have looked forward to school starting, I don't like change and I'm kinda sad. My one niece is changing schools and will take a bus and will no longer be at my house every morning before school. Scott quit his full time job to work at his photography studio and he will probably drop Hannah off at school before dropping Will off at my house. So, I may not see her much either. My mornings will be so quiet and BORING.


Time for new schedules, new routines, and new beginnings. I'm going to use it as a start to getting in shape again. Yes, I said again. Have I ever really accomplished getting in shape? Maybe once in my entire life. But if you don't have goals you'll never achieve anything, right?


Even my digi-world felt weird today. The winds of change are blowing. I can feel it. I'm considering some changes of my own. I want to increase my business and be as successful as I can. That means thinking ahead, creating new opportunities, and expanding my exposure. It always surprises me what works in this business and what doesn't. You just never know!


I want to scrap. I want to get back to my roots. I want to make meaningful layouts, not just beautiful layouts. It's so easy to get caught in the intoxicating world of "glamour" scrapping. I love creating visually stunning pages, but in doing so I forget to focus on the real reason I scrap...to tell our stories.


So, let's talk about Starbucks. Why is it so successful? Why do I love it so? It's so expensive and the calories are doing me no favors. So, why do I keep going back? Talk about great marketing and a great product!!


So, want to see my bright products I talked about last night?
There is a really cute story that goes with these products:
My 9 year old son was creating a picture on the computer. I overheard him tell his brother he had made it "dark in the glow". Assuming he got it mixed up I said "you mean glow in the dark". He said "no...I mean dark in the glow". I looked over and just giggled at the site of a dark grey bunny in the middle of a neon yellow green room. His bunny really was "dark in the glow"!


I really love these painted tapes. And the best part is you can get them free with $8 purchase.

Any plans for the weekend? I need to get this house and my kids ready for school to start on Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!

I totally LOVE your new products! Genius! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about change. Specially in digiworld I have been feeling it too. Now if we can only unravel the big marketing secrets companies like Starbucks use, we should be heading for success right? Hm.. wasn't there a book somewhere on that subject? I'll check it out!

In the meantime, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,
Nancy

Amanda said...

You will not know what to do with your time once school starts - WOW! no more 6 kids - that would be such a relief to me and you sound like you might miss it. :) Good for you! You better not consider leaving TLP - cause you rock and we would not let you out!!! Love the story behind the Dark in the Glow!!!

Lynette said...

Love all the new products! Already used the blueprint stuff! I am kinda dreading school starting too, I will miss the kids, but the break will be kinda nice too!