Monday, July 24, 2006

Our trip to Nebraska was fun. My headache went away (I was worried about being carsick in the back of the car, not something I do very often anymore). We first stopped at a convenience/gas station off the interstate near Vermillion. Boy do they have a racket going! The food selections were phenomenal, but the prices...whew! We ended up getting some hard boiled eggs and grapes to share, mom and dad got coffees and Kyra got some honey bbq fritos. We made another stop at a rest stop 20 miles out of Omaha and saw Cameron and the boys drive by in the van. I waved like a maniac, but of course they didn't see me. LOL!

Our first visit was to Mary and Butch's house (my aunt and uncle). Mom and dad forgot to give them a call saying we were coming so of course they weren't home. A quick call to their cell phone and they came back from shopping at ShopKo. My cousin Reid was in the shower and didn't hear us, we were standing under their tree waiting when he walked by the front door and saw us. Pretty funny! Butch and Reid had a tee time at 2, so we took Mary to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. YUM...I'm definitely going to try ours in town. The salad bar was amazing (I didn't order it, I just nibbled off Kyra and mom's plate).

Then we took off back north for Norfolk to see my Uncle Bill. A bit more courteous phone call a few hours earlier revealed that it was just Bill, the girls had all gone to Illinois to visit Joy's family. That drive seemed to take forever...oh, but we did listen to the Davinci Code on CD for most of the trip, so that helped. We toured their house (first time we've visited since they moved back from Michigan)...it's really nice. I'd give anything for their kitchen and basement! Bill took us to an amazing mexican restaurant. I had a vegetarian combo plate...the whole thing was covered in melted cheese. Oh my, it was soooo good. So much for the good eating habits!

On the way home we were treated to an amazing show...the sunset was gorgeous! Mom and I whipped out our cameras to take pictures...kind of hard to do in a moving vehicle. Dad did pull over for a bit so mom could get out and get a better picture. I fell sound asleep 30 minutes before we got home. Too bad the house was a mess and I had to stay up cleaning it before the kids came at 6am!

The boys sounded like they had a good time. Kirby caught two balls (players threw them up to him), but he got sunburned pretty good on the face and back of the neck. Daddy forgot to bring sunscreen.

One last thing...the boys started swimming lessons today and are doing great! Kyler came home and said "mom, I went under the water...and I liked it!" LOL!

Get it in gear agenda:
  • breakfast-branflakes with blueberries
  • snack-cottage cheese and a plum
  • lunch-south beach frozen meal...some chicken and snap pea basil concoction
  • snack- 1 miniature cinnamon bun
  • supper-turkey blt, fresh pineapple, chocolate cake

No comments: