Thursday, July 06, 2006



Wow, it's been an amazing day scrapwise. Let's just say I'm so blessed to be doing something I love and to have positive feedback that other people like it too. I remember applying for design teams and being repeatedly turned down. I was ready to give up...but I stuck it out and really went out there and found my style. I paid attention to what drew my eye when looking at layouts in magazines and in the galleries. I started noticing little details that when applied to my own layouts I immediately felt comfortable and happy with the results. Soon, I was in the groove and scrapping to my own rhythm. I started scrapping things that were important to me, taking better pictures and journaling more often. It didn't matter to me anymore whether I made a creative team because I was so happy with my pages. Then the emails started coming...an acceptance here, an invitation there. Today was a bittersweet day for me in that one of my all time favorite designers asked me to be on her team...OUT OF THE BLUE. And because of that I had to rescind an application I had sent out to another great designer who told me I was already on her definite yes list. I was so sad! I hope I can work with her in the future, and I wish her all the success in the world.

Tomorrow I have to take Kyler to the dentist to have his first cavity filled. I know he's nervous because he was giggling before bed and he kept saying "I don't know why I'm laughing, it's not funny". If I tried to talk about it he just giggled more. Wish us luck that all goes well!

A layout to share:

Credits: Ange Dawn's fifteen kit and paintstroke alpha available at sweetshoppedesigns, atomic cupcake inking and pristine chipboard actions, font is sexton sans (seriously)

1 comment:

Myra said...

this is beautiful! such an original design!