3...2...1...Cue Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" song (you know the one they play on Idol when the latest person is voted off). I've been rejected 3 times in the past week. UGH UGH UGH, I feel like such a loser. I have a job where the only feedback I get is from a 4 year old girl. I don't get as much appreciation as I should from my family. I scrapbook because I love it, but lately I've been looking for something more, some validation that I'm good at something. I notice my comments on my layouts are small compared to others. I don't make any of the design teams I finally braved up enough to try out for. So, I'm trying to suck it up...tell myself it makes me stronger. Will I keep creating because I love it, or will I throw in the towel because I don't feel good enough? Have I totally messed up my reasons that I do this in the first place? Should I take a break? I do know that it's affected me, I'm sadder, I'm distracted, I try to scrap and everything looks bad to me. I have a strong desire to do some retail therapy!
Speaking of shopping, I should be recieving an order of tarts today or tomorrow. I love making the house smell good. There is something amazing about scent and how it can change your mood and evoke memories. I order my tarts from www.soyful-joys.com Alyce is a wonderful person to do business with and I like that I'm supporting an individual much like myself...not a huge company. Let's see if I can remember what I ordered...rootbeer float, whipped cream, boysenberry butter cookie, watermelon martini, apple cobbler delight, vanille cocoa, and a sampler pack. She's releasing new summery scents this week, and there are some on her list that I HAVE to have!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amy, don't feel like you aren't good at scrapping. Girl...you are one of the few people whose layouts I save to scraplift from later on!!!! I quit buying magazines because I rarely like the layouts in them. Who cares that they are design team layouts. They aren't as good as yours! I only WISH I could make such beautiful layouts like you. I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!
Sandy
I'm sorry you didn't make the DT. I know it has to be disheartening, but try not to let it get you down. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single layout of yours that wasn't wonderful. BTW, as for your designs, I took what I think will be perfect pictures to go with your freebie from Rakscraps. I can't wait to play! Hugs!!!
Amy, my BEST advice is to KEEP at it. EVERY that we do is NOT going to be that 'AHHHHHH' page. I'm resigned to that. Don't you DARE think you are not good 'enough'! You are AWESOME! And I have LOVED looking at all your new creations. You have a knack for the digi. I couldn't do a digi page if I TRIED!
KEEP scrapping and KEEP submitting. It will come.
Post a Comment