Thursday, March 16, 2006



The rakscraps newsletter for March has been released. You can see it here. There are some great freebies from the April sponsors as well as lots of great layout ideas. Here are 2 my layouts. The first one uses Carrie Stephens Bellisima kit. Love that vellum pocket border! The second one is from DigiScrapZ Birthday MONSTER kit. I seriously can't believe how huge it is.

Okay, American idol...remember last year how Scott Sanvol kept making it through week after week because of a totally inappropriate website encouraging fans to "vote the worst"? Yep, Kevin is this years Scott. So sad for him really. He will soon realize that people aren't voting for him because of his talent or personality, but as a joke. And that's just plain wrong. I have a feeling once the weaker ones are weeded out we will see a few great singers leave before Kevin, and that makes me mad. Does it make for better TV? probably. Does it anger me enough not to watch? probably not.

It snowed again this morning. First we got 6.5 inches Sunday night, enough for a two hour late start Monday morning. Then they were predicting another 4 for Wednesday evening, which would have really made getting to my hair appointment difficult. Thankfully nothing fell and I thought that was it. What do I wake up to this morning? The sound of snowblowers and the plows. UGH. I'll have to go out and shovel sometime this morning, but it's still snowing so I might as well wait.

My hair appointment. You know how you hate your hair the week before you have to get it cut or colored? Now imagine that your stylist goes into early labor and you have to wait another SIX weeks! YIKES. So it had been 3 months since my last cut and color. Now I hate to admit it, but I am prematurely grey. Got that lovely gene from my grandma. So I felt just yucky with grey roots and lackluster hair that had to be pulled into a pony tail for most of the time. It got to the point where I didn't even want to go in public. But it's all better now! I have a gorgeous color, a perky new cut (amazing what a good trim and some new layers will do), and a much better attitude! Whew!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love your LOs!

Anonymous said...

you're mom must be so proud !