Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I am so excited! I can spill the beans...I'm a member of Miss Mint's creative team. I just found out who is on the team with me and I feel so honored to be part of that group. I know she must have received tons of applications and to choose me as one of six members, I'm just speechless... It was a huge confidence booster for me as I continue to struggle with my layout entry for the ultimate contest. I redid a layout for the first time EVER. So, I have two layouts sitting here waiting to be chosen. I'm really struggling...I've even thought about starting a third page!

It was a beautiful day today. The weatherman was wrong, no rain. My mom took a day off and we made a day of it. We took Kyra to an open house at school for Advanced Reading. Then we stopped for bagels and coffee (almond joy mocha-yummo). Did some major shopping at the mall, hit Target, the pet store, had lunch at Applebees, browsed the thrift store and Shopko before heading home just in time for the kids to get home from school. Oh, but wait! This almost didn't happen at all because Ky was sick! He woke up with a bad headache and was crying, but I made him eat and try to go to school anyway. Thankfully Cameron was home, because when I called at 2pm to make sure he was home for the kids, he said he had a sick boy. I asked what time did that happen, and he says 9am! When I asked why he didn't call me, he said he wanted me to enjoy my day. Awwww, what a guy. Too bad that attitude didn't last, he's in a snit about something tonight.

Well, it's late and since I stayed up late last night watching "Last Holiday" I better get some sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooohoo! Congratulations Amy on making the team.

sussann said...

That's fabulous Amy! Congrats!!!!