I have exciting news about my daughter! She made a small singing group at her school called Special Edition. I was in it when I went there, and truthfully I didn't think she'd make it for another year because they give preference to the outgoing 8th graders and she's only going to be a 7th grader next year. I'm so excited for her! She came bounding down the stairs afterschool yesterday and said "I'm IN!" So cool.
Here's a couple of layouts. Both have similar colors. I love these colors, notice how the first one matches my kitchen paint color. Maybe I need a red and orange room too!

Leave it to Kyra to design her own capris. Her jeans had frayed through the course of winter and she used scissors to cut off the hem. She also made a small slit up the back that ripped higher and higher over the next few weeks. Finally she said, can't I just cut these off? Voila, Capris!
Credits: Circle of Friends kit available at acherryontop.com, font CK Marissa

Journaling: The school carnival is always a big attraction for the kids. I always dread it a little because it's crowded and hot and boring (for me). It's been fun seeing the new things they've added to make the event more fun. A few years ago they added big inflatables for the kids to jump and climb on. This year we saw kids wearing "I hugged a clown" stickers. When we went outside there was this great clown making balloon animals. I kept thinking he looked like a painting I had seen somewhere. When we realized he was making the balloons for free Kirby wanted to stand in line and get a puppy. Well, at first he wanted a chicken, but we figured he probably wouldn't know how to make one of those.
Credits: Autumn Ribbons kit designed by Sandra Boddington. Background is my own design. Font is LB Kerry
Okay, I need to clean up and go get Hannah a birthday present. She has a party tonight and Kirby has a game so we have to split up. I haven't gotten to one of his practices or games yet this season. I miss it! Tonight will be a gorgeous night too (well, maybe a bit windy). From now on I should be able to make all his games, so that's good.
1 comment:
Sorry your alone time is almost over. I hope you enjoy your day today. Love the layouts!
Post a Comment