
Well, my long weekend is almost over. Our vacation was nice, I took a ton of pictures and everyone had a good time. I did some shopping but mostly picked up things that were inspirational or that would help me out scrapping (one track mind
lately). I picked up a couple of these mini big thoughts books from my favorite store The Afternoon in the Mall of America. I also picked up this notepad by the same company. You can see their stuff here.Friday night Kirby and Cameron went to the Twins vs. Yankee game. They took the metrotrain for the first time. It worked pretty slick since we were right across the street from MOA and the train station. Kyler, Kyra and I stayed at the mall until 7, walked back to the hotel and went swimming. I decided not to swim and bring my new copy of Freestyle to the pool to read. Kyra stuck by Ky pretty close but every once and a while would go off on her own to swim across the pool or do a somersault. I saw Ky let go of the edge, bounce out, and then try to bounce back, but every time he bounced he would go backwards into deeper water. I was at the side of the pool in a flash on my knees with my arm extended as far as it would go but I couldn't reach him. Thankfully the pool was packed and a dad saw him and grabbed him. I was just about to jump in fully clothed!
Saturday we went to the mall for a few hours and then headed downtown to try and find the famous cherry on a spoon sculpture. I was pretty proud of Cameron for not losing his temper as we drove around and around...I actually enjoyed seeing the sites. Finally he...gasp...stopped at a gas station and asked directions! I'm so glad we found it, because I got a TON of pictures. There were so many things to see, and the kids had a blast.

And finally, I scrapped today. This is probably the only thing I will have accomplished today. I really just needed a day to recover and relax. The kids have fended for themselves and so far everyone is ok and no one has starved to death. Blogger doesn't seem to want to add another picture to this post, so we'll try it later!
1 comment:
Awesome sculpture... how fun! :) I've been having some trouble with photos on blogger lately too, just fyi... it's not only you!
Post a Comment